Proxy Access for Third Party Individuals
Loyola provides access for third parties through Loyola Self Service. This system allows individuals to have access to student account information, 1098T tax documents, financial aid status and awards, and grades. Access is not mandatory nor automatic and must be granted by the student.
We can only discuss details of the student account with individuals with actively granted proxy access. See below for signing up for proxy access.
Student account information, 1098T tax documents, financial aid status and awards, and grades are considered part of a student’s education records, and therefore protected under The Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Parents/guardians can be given access to the student’s education records only if the student provides consent. A student can remove consent at any time. For more information on FERPA legislation, visit the records office website.
To access your student’s account information, please log in to Self Service. Click here for proxy instructions.
Follow the instructions below to allow third party access. If you have questions, contact the Help Center at 410-617-5555 or email email@example.com.
How to set up Proxy Access in Self Service:
1. Log in to inside.loyola.edu. Click on the Loyola Self-Service tile and sign in. On the left side of the screen, click on the three white lines at the top of the page, then click user options>View/Add Proxy Access>Add a Person for Proxy Access. Once the student has added you, they will need to indicate what information they are granting you access to view.
- If the individual's record exists, their name will be displayed in the list under Add a Proxy. Choose the name and continue to step 2 below.
- If the individual's record does not exist, click on the Add a Person for Proxy Access link in the information bar at the top of that page. Make certain the individual's personal email address is entered. (Parents of Loyola students who are also employees must use their Loyola email address). Once submitted, it may take at least three business days to process the information. You will be notified by email after the record is created and you can then return to Self Service to continue with step 2.
2. Click on the dropdown in the Add A Proxy section and choose the person to grant access to. The screen will expand to give you a list of all possible items to grant access. To grant access to every item, click on Allow Complete Access. If you only want to give access to some items, click on Allow Select Access and then click on each item. Once you have finished selecting the access to grant, click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
3. An email confirming the option(s) selected will be sent to the student’s Loyola email account.
Third Party access to Self Service:
- If the individual does not already have access, they will receive two emails, otherwise they will receive one. The first email that all proxies receive contains the message that they have been granted proxy access. If they are not already set up for system access, it also includes their login id. The second email, if needed, has the proxy’s temporary password and instructions on how to get into the system and change the password.
- For proxy access to Self Service go to www.loyola.edu/selfservice. If the proxy is required to reset the password, they will be automatically taken to the Change Password screen. The password must be 15 to 25 characters in length. It must contain at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number, and 1 special character. Also, the password cannot include part of the username.
- The third party will access Self Service using their new password.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on navigating the system.
If you currently have proxy access and have forgotten your password, please call the Help Center at 410-617-5555.
How to remove proxy access:
- Access Self Service and click on your username in the top right corner of the page and choose View/Add Proxy Access.
- Click on the Edit Proxy Access icon (the pencil) next to the proxy to change.
- To remove all access, click on the Remove All Access button. To remove only certain items, click on the button in front of the item to remove and clear the check mark from the button. Click the Save button at the bottom to complete the removal.
- The individual will receive an email indicating that access has been removed.