Proxy Access for Parents/Guardians
Loyola provides access for parents/guardians through Loyola Self Service. This system allows parents/guardians to have access to student account information, 1098T tax documents, financial aid status and awards, and grades. Access is not mandatory nor automatic and must be granted by the student.
Student account information, 1098T tax documents, financial aid status and awards, and grades are considered part of a student’s education records, and therefore protected under The Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Parents/guardians can be given access to the student’s education records only if the student provides consent. A student can remove consent at any time. For more information on FERPA legislation, visit the records office website.
To access your student’s account information, please go to Self Service. Click here for parent proxy instructions.
Follow the instructions below to allow parent/guardian access. If you have questions, contact the Help Center at 410-617-5555 or email email@example.com.
How to set up your parents/guardians with access to Self Service:
- Login into inside.loyola.edu. Access Self Service using the Grades, Tax Information or most other options on the menu option in the WebAdvisor section. Once in Self Service, click on your username in the top right corner of the page and choose View/Add Proxy Access.
- If the parent/guardian record exists, their name will be displayed in the list under Add a Proxy. Choose the name and continue to step 2 below.
- If the parent/guardian record does not exist, return to WebAdvisor under Communication/Parent Access and complete the Add a Person for Proxy Access form. Make certain the parent/guardian’s personal email address is entered. (Parents of Loyola students who are also employees must use their Loyola email address). Once submitted, it may take at least three business days to process the information. You will be notified by email after the record is created and you can then return to Self Service to continue with step 2.
- Click on the dropdown in the Add A Proxy section and choose the person to grant access to. The screen will expand to give you a list of all possible items to grant access. To grant access to every item, click on Allow Complete Access. If you only want to give access to some items, click on Allow Select Access and then click on each item. Once you have finished selecting the access to grant, click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- An email confirming the option(s) selected will be sent to the student’s Loyola email account.
Parent/guardian access to Self Service:
- If the parent/guardian does not already have access, the parent/guardian will receive two emails, otherwise they will receive one. The first email that all proxies receive contains the message that they have been granted proxy access. If they are not already set up for system access, it also includes their login id. The second email, if needed, has the proxy’s temporary password and instructions on how to get into the system and change the password.
- For proxy access to Self Service go to www.loyola.edu/selfservice. If the proxy is required to reset the password, they will be automatically taken to the Change Password screen. The password must be 13 to 25 characters in length. It must contain at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number, and 1 special character. Also, the password cannot include part of the username.
- The parent/guardian will access Self Service using their new password.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on navigating the system.
If you currently have proxy access and have forgotten your password, please call the Help Center at 410-617-5555.
How to remove parent/guardian access:
- Access Self Service and click on your username in the top right corner of the page and choose View/Add Proxy Access.
- Click on the Edit Proxy Access icon (the pencil) next to the proxy to change.
- To remove all access, click on the Remove All Access button. To remove only certain items, click on the button in front of the item to remove and clear the check mark from the button. Click the Save button at the bottom to complete the removal.
- The parent/guardian will receive an email indicating that access has been removed.