Loyola University Maryland

Financial Services

Tax Credits

Tax Benefits for Education

You may be eligible for certain tax credits or deductions to help with your expenses for higher education.  The IRS website has the most up-to-date information regarding tax benefits for education.   

Loyola will send a 1098-T Tuition Statement form to all students who are or have been registered for any term during the previous calendar year. The 1098-T form will be mailed to students by January 31 at their permanent address. The information found on the 1098-T will aid in determining what tax credits or deductions may be available.  You can also obtain an electronic copy of the 1098-T form under the Financial Information link in the WebAdvisor module of Inside Loyola.  

Loyola University Maryland will supply any additional information or answer any questions regarding student accounts; however, the University can not offer any tax advice. You should consult your tax adviser with your specific questions.

If we do not have the student's social security number in our system, a 1098-T form will not be generated.  Notices are sent out yearly to request this information, as required by IRS regulations.  To add the social security number, please complete the W-9S form and submit to Denise Hiller in the Records Office.  

For additional information see:

Internal Revenue Service

National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators