The MBA in management specialization allows students to develop a focus in areas such as leadership and management, managing for quality, or managing human resources. Leadership and strategic decision-making are explored to promote mastery of the management processes for organizations of all sizes.
Management MBA Curriculum & Course Information
The Professional's MBA Management specialization requires students to complete three elective courses (9 credits) at the upper level. Select three of the following courses:
- GB 718 - Entrepreneurship
- GB 719 - Independent Study
- GB 734 - Managing Global Supply Chains
- GB 735 - Project Management
- GB 744 - New Product Development and Management
- GB 772 - Power, Privilege, and Professional Identity
- GB 778 - Employment Law
- GB 779 - International Study Tour: Corporate Social Responsibility
- GB 791 - Leadership
- GB 792 - Human Resources Management
- GB 793 - Leading Organizational Change
- GB 796 - International Management
- GB 797 - Special Topics in Management
- GB 896 - Power and Influence
- GB 897 - Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
Only one study tour course can be used to satisfy the MBA management specialization.
Special topics courses are also available for the management specialization that are not listed specifically in the course catalogue. Special topic MBA management courses are updated by academic year or term to discuss contemporary strategic leadership and management issues, and to meet the needs and requests of students.
In addition to Management, our Professional’s MBA program can be customized for seven other specializations: