Part-Time MBA Admission Requirements
Part-Time MBA Admission Priority Deadlines
- Fall Semester: August 1*
- Spring Semester: December 1*
- Summer Sessions: May 1*
*At the discretion of the department, applications will continue to be reviewed after the application deadline on a space-available basis. Please review international applicant deadlines below.
International Applicant Deadlines
International applicants seeking F-1 student visas may only be enrolled in full-time degree programs. In order to maintain a full-time status, students may be required to travel between Loyola's three campuses in Baltimore, Timonium, and Columbia. Public transportation is not available. International applicants must submit a complete application for admission (including all supplemental documentation) by these deadlines:
- Fall Semester: April 1
- Spring Semester: September 1
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills, familiarity with MS Office Suite at intermediate level
- Professional work experience, typically two years. Prospective students with fewer than two years of work experience are encouraged to review their qualifications with an advisor at 410-617-5067 or email@example.com.
- Facility in algebra and graphing of mathematical functions, graphic interpretation, and probability. Proficiency in these areas will be determined through recent college or graduate level credit (B or better in a single course) in finite mathematics, pre-calculus, or mathematical models for business. Proficiency may also be established through superior GMAT/GRE performance.
- Strong potential for academic and professional success
Applicants accepted for graduate study will be advised in writing. Individuals will also be informed of any required undergraduate courses or prerequisites. A program advisor will assist in planning your program of study. Students are responsible for discussing any special needs they may have with their advisor.
A careful examination of an applicant's academic and professional qualifications precedes every admission decision. The committee values previous undergraduate/graduate academic achievement, work experience assessed through a resume, professional references, each portion of the GMAT, certifications/awards, and other evidence of the applicant's capacity to successfully pursue graduate study in business. Applicants who have already taken the GRE revised General Test (August 2011 and later) may supply this score in lieu of the GMAT. Report must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (www.ets.org). Scores will be converted using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools produced by the ETS.
GMAT Waiver Request Policy
Professional's MBA and MSF candidates may be eligible for admission without submitting a GMAT score report. Requests for a GMAT waiver may be made on the online application. GMAT waiver decisions are made as part of the admissions process after an application file is complete and ready for review. Contact an admissions advisor for more information on the policy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time MBA Admission Requirements
The following should be completed online/uploaded on the application:
- Online application form; Non-refundable fee of $60
- Applicants should select specialization area of interest when they apply
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Essay/personal statement
- One professional letter of recommendation
The following test scores should be submitted directly from the test administrator to Loyola (Loyola's institution code is 5370):
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report. Required if English is not your native language or if you have not completed a degree program taught in English (no more than two years old).
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Score Report. Report must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service. Scores must be from tests administered within five years of the application deadline. Applicants may be eligible for admission without submitting a GMAT or GRE score report. Please review the GMAT waiver request policy.
Applicants should request that official transcripts be emailed directly to Loyola at email@example.com:
- Applicants must submit an official transcript(s) from their degree-granting institution(s).
- The admission committee reserves the right to request official transcripts from universities where an applicant attended but did not complete a degree. Please note that not submitting all transcripts where courses have been completed could impact course waivers and advanced standing.
- Applicants who hold degrees from non-U.S. institutions must have a course-by-course evaluation and translation of their transcript done by a NACES-approved evaluation services agency. Loyola recommends the WES:ICAP from World Education Services, Inc. or JS&A.
- International applicants must also complete additional requirements. Please visit the Graduate Admission for International Students page.
Transcripts may also be sent via mail to:
Loyola University Maryland
Office of Graduate Admission
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
Questions about the application or admission process may be directed to the Office of Graduate Business Programs at (410) 617-5067 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that a completed application and all supplemental materials are received by the application deadline. Supplemental materials, once received, become the property of Loyola University Maryland and cannot be returned.