MBA Specialization in Data Analytics and Digital Technologies
With the dramatic increase in the amount and types of data available to organizations today, the Loyola MBA specialization in Data Analytics is designed to give students the skills and knowledge to understand, manage and analyze data. A project-based approach helps students apply analytics to business problems and influence strategic decisions.
MBA Specialization in Data Analytics and Digital Technologies: Curriculum & Course Information
The Professional's MBA Data Analytics and Digital Technologies specialization requires students to complete three elective courses (9 credits) at the upper level. Select from the following courses:
- GB 719 - Independent Study
- GB 730 - Business Analytics and Strategic Decision Making
- GB 731 - Introduction to Programming
- GB 732 - Data Management and Governance
- GB 733 - Enterprise Systems
- GB 734 - Managing Global Supply Chains
- GB 735 - Project Management
- GB 736 - Data Visualization for Decision Making
- GB 750 - Security Controls and Prevention Strategies
- GB 751 - Strategic Security Planning
- GB 753 - Legal, Ethical, and Global Perspectives of Cyber Security
- GB 754 - Introduction to Cyber Security Strategy
- GB 757 - Systems Thinking and Risk Assessment
- GB 759 - Special Topics in Management Information Systems
- GB 850 - Global Information Systems
- GB 851 - Business Intelligence and Data Mining
Courses are listed in the course catalogue. Data Analytics special topics courses are updated by academic year or term to discuss contemporary issues in the field and to meet the needs and requests of students.
The Sellinger School of Business offers an academic certificate in business intelligence and data mining in partnership with SAS Institute, Inc. Students must complete four identified courses, with a B or better in each course. This is an academic certificate of completion and not equivalent to the professional certifications offered by SAS Institute, Inc., that require testing at specific locations. Learn more about our SAS joint certificate program and badge.
In addition to Data Analytics and Digital Technologies, our Professional’s MBA program can be customized for four other specializations: